(no subject)

> >  Well, besides his penchant for taking a rebound, coast to coast, >
> ignoring everyone else on the floor and either firing a three, or >driving
into
> traffic, with hideous results? We've already talked about >his general ball

> handling/dribbling into a crowd and jacking any shot >he wants, whenever he

> wants, so all that's left, that I can think of, >is his idea that he can
rest on
> defense.>

You list a bunch of subjective and selective observations. I think your
extrapolating the exception as a common case.

Truth of the matter is that despite your theory that Paul is often "driving
into traffic with hideous results"  He is incredibly efficent at getting to the
line and WIDELY regarded as top ten player in the game. Does he drive to the
line succesfully EVERY time? Nope..but he does it better then other SG/SF and
the numbers show this.

You say he "jacks up any shot he wants" but he on average scores fairly
efficently compared to Walker who ranks among the bottom of this measure...and that
holds true if you look at say PPA or a new statistic like PSA.

The problem is that your seeing what you want to see. Does PP make a bad
play..
of course. So does Kobe or McGrady!

Instead the question we have to ask is does this player make more or less
good plays then other players of like position? And with regard to Pierce its
obviously more.

So no..I don't trust your observations. People around the NBA are aware of
the fuziness of observations have they have invented these things called
statistics to settle arguments.

The numbers don't lie. PP ranked 6th in efficency in the playoffs..Walker
ranked 27th! He ranked 11th in efficency during the year but Walker ranked 46th.

And yet you proclaim to tell me I am overlooking PP shortcomings and there is
double standard. There is no double standard. Walker is top 50 player while
PP is  a top ten player. PP is simply a much better player.

Don't get me wrong..
I hate to come off sounding like Twan is a hopeless player. He is a top fifty
guy...
Does a top 50 guy and  top 10 guy equal a championship. Probably not...when
your going against two top five guys like Kobe and Shaq.. Or a #1 guy like
Duncan.

Furthermore I Twan strikes me as a great guy off the court...and he does care
about winning.  But if we could pick up a guy like Shareef Abdur Rahim or
Brand for him..I would do it in a hearbeat.

These players are really better then he is..despite the favortism of this
list.

Pete