RE: Gene, We Have To Be Merciless In Our Evaluation Of Ainge

I believe you are correct on the sign and trades. Brand is not likely to
happen, if he gets an FA offer Sterling will match it for one year. Bosh is
risky and a crap shoot. If San Antonio goes with Kidd or Brand that would
seem to limit o'neals destinations

I think Rahim is better suited for the 3 spot. Battie shifts to the 4 spot
then

I think battier is a Celtic type player. Swift although more athletic than
AW has not shown the offensive skills but them it took Jermaine O'neal a few
years.

I heard Aldridge say Miami I believe was after Vince Carter.

I may get out to the LA pro league tomorrow. Hope I can see Pietrus. I would
like us to go after him and Foyle. They seem to have too many 2/3's

I would consider Battie for kelvin Cato or Marc Jackson or Nesterovich. Cato
gives us an athletic shot blocker/rebounder Tony has not. If we can get a
decent rebounding physical 5 for battie or some bench players this lets us
go after 2/3/4 with Walker.

We need a Jefferson type slasher 3 Pavlovic would have given us.

John