It's all Bulpett's fault

My initial instinct upon reading Bulpett's Baker apologia yesterday was to
call
a hit man. My second instinct was to giggle. And it didn't stop there.  I
then
read all your wonderful responses. And before I knew it, I was in an
uncontrollable state of hysteria... common malaise of long-time Celtic fans.

My favorite quote has to be Tammo's
     " Bakers problem isn't a lack of touches or anything other than
    the fact that, for whatever reason, he just can't play. "

But there were many other entertaining and clever lines as well.  So thanks,
guys.  A good novel, a good movie, a tasty pizza, a Celt win, a Dow up 200
points (come June 8, 2006), learning the scale on the piano, the finishing of
a NY Times crossword puzzle in less than two hours, a sunset walk on the
beach - satisfying.  But funny lines from igtc members - priceless.

 In alphabetical order:

< But I can't believe he (Baker) could unlearn that great footwork.....>
- Jessen

(Note:  Gout, thatbs it. Even Rudolph Nureyev was subject to attacks of
gout in his declining years.)

< But I would already favour Kedrick over say Bruce Bowen, Eddy Curry or
that guy down in Atlanta who hardly scores.. > - Guy Clinch

(Note - Right.  And of course, Eric Montross.)

< Good point but you forgot to include the right wing conspiracy stuff... >
 - Jessen

(Note: Good idea. I am pleased someone out there is listening.  I will
research
and prepare that tutorial as time permits.  "Hello, Hillary, there's this
Celtics
message board which... ")

< He's gotten a bit better over the season, but not enough that I'd want
to risk the likely turnover by passing it to him with any regularity. >
- Kim Malo

(Note: Only until the playoffs of course when they unveil the new Baker.)

< I love it - we get "an alternative" for $50M, as if Baker were Mark Blount
or something. Actually, he' IS Mark Blount, but with less defense,
shotblocking, and toughness. > - Kestas

(Note: On the inflationary scale, alternatives have just plum risen out of
sight.   "When you can go out there and grab yourself a good bargain, you
just do it and you don't look back " - Wallace)

< Is there any player in the NBA look worse than Dan Dickau?.... > - Jessen

(Note - Baker and Sundov?)

< I would have to say that it seems to work that when the team is winning,
you give them a pass. When they lose, you tear into them. > -Jessen

(Note: Yes.)

< See, it's really not a big deal at all... It's practically nothing. If you
really look at it, we're almost getting him for free. In fact, if you
consider how many family members he brings to home games, he's
probably paying for his own salary. > - Berry

(Note: Speechless.)

< This dog doesn't hunt but I will give you partial credit. > -Jessen

(Note: I canbt speak for Tammo, but I would be flattered with
such an outpouring of partial credit from Jessen.)

< When it comes to defense the box score doesn't show everything...>
 -GuyClinch

(Note: Sometimes that is for the best.)

 < You can understand Wallace's trying to cover his ample backside-
basement publishing, his erstwhile and future career doesn't pay nearly
as much. Whereas Bulpett has sold his journalistic integrity for the
scraps the Celtics throw to their "PR firm" for a job well done. > - Kestas

(Note:  Geesh, a Coyote sighting in the hills of White River Junction?)

<You're allowed five in this fight, but the Celtics hurt themselves by
only using two. > - Berry

(Note:   "Leo, what the hell did you do with that NBA rule book I asked
you to bring me five years ago? " - Obie)

Egg