Kedrick's playing time

If I could talk to one of the assistant coaches, I'd
suggest this (if they haven't done it already ):

1) Do what MLB pitching coaches do and make a side-by-
side video of Kedrick's practice jumper versus his game
jumper. He needs to compare the mechanics and think his
approach through.

2) Prepare a highlight dvd video of his plays this year
to pop in and watch before each game. This includes some
of the top ten Celtics plays of the season (THE block,
THE rebound, etc.) For one thing, that would be a
reminder that he should approach the game as a serious
NBA talent, not as a wallflower. Secondly, it never hurts
to get loose and psyched up before games. I knew people
who watched Jordan highlight videos as part of their
pregame routine at home, not that this always helps.

3)Tell Kedrick, for now, to take the shots he's
comfortable with. I noted yesterday that Eric Williams
took only 2 three-point attempts in Walker's absence,
focusing on his comfort zone(he was Boston's ONLY serious
post up threat) and thus helping the team. No one's
holding it against Eric that he doesn't jack up threes
like he used to in the Nets series. Kedrick doesn't have
to limit himself to a skill he's simply not proficient at
yet.

Kedrick is struggling on the offensive end, and I won't
try to deny that here.

Minus his 1-23 on trey attempts, we're still left
with .438 from the field (21-48), which A) isn't terrible
for a 21-year-old with his background and IR setbacks,
and B) compares favorably to the team's .415 shooting.

Remember  that he's also an impact man defender. Maybe
he'll play more if he doesn't let the system define what
shots he has to take. I liked that he was dribbling the
ball more last weekend.

But I suspect form will more or less hold tonight, and
thus Kedrick might not play much again because of the
perceived "matchups" (although I'd love to him guard both
Rip and Corliss, two very different players). It really
depends on the flow of the game.

More pine time tonight gives the Celtics "video guy" (I
forget his name, is it Frank Vogel) additional time to
work on these little A/V projects, presuming he hasn't
done so already.

I'm not so idiotic a fan as to think the Celtics staff
hasn't been working hard every day with Kedrick and the
other 5 or 6 new roster players. These guys are
professionals, in a business with less margin for error
than most.

Kedrick is so talented, I wouldn't quit on him at least
until he hits the washed up age of 22 or so. ;-)  Let's
hope he stays healthy so he can build on things and
become a better offensive player.

If in a few years he's only as good as Michael Curry,
that's fine with me. "Pitching beat Offense" on Tuesday,
with the hottest player in the NBA getting held to a 2-11
start by Curry on his way to 21 missed shots or whatever.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?