Re: In the hunt

< We'll see what the future holds (I'm as curious as you),
but I think this may have been a matchup issue and game
situations. It happens a lot. > -Joe H.

Yup it happens, and it should.  But allowing Kedrick a mere 3 minutes
against Detroit seems more a statement than a matchup issue.

And it isn't any one game, Joe, it is more about Obie's ongoing
disrespect for and overall handling of certain players he disapproves
of (Wallace's guys?) including Brown and Baker.  He stubbornly hasn't
lifted a finger to incorporate either player's particular skills into his
offensive offense and both have come off as slow learners
of the Harter D.  Brown averaged only 8 MPG last season, 13 MPG so
far this season... not exactly confidence boosting minutes.  Obie is
comfortable with AW, PP, EW, WMc, and TB.  He also loved Rogers.
The rest of the guys ...

<Incidentally the stats you gave show Kedrick at .500 (1-
2) on treys when in fact he was 1-7. > - Joe H.

>17.8 MPG (32 in the 1st game down to 3 in the 4th game)
>.263 FG% (5 -19)
>.500 3P% (1 - 2)
>.000 FT% (0 -7)

Good catch, Joe.  I transposed 3P% with FT%.  The .500 (1-2) should have
referred to FT%, and the ,000 (0-7) should have referred to 3P%.  Blame it
on the steno; her Chock Full O Nuts coffee has a bitter taste, too.

< If he could shoot it, he'd be a fascinating NBA ball
player. I'm used to watching all the big jumpers since
the Jordan era, but this guy jumps like out of a cartoon.
 > - Joe H.

Like my old comic book hero, Plastic Man? Kedrick is the ultimate
tease - his highlight films are absolutely a thing of beauty which
is probably why his overall play continues to so frustrate.  I realize this
sounds harsh, but maybe there is a reason why this athletically-blessed
guy couldn't qualify academically for a Division I, II, III, or even a
Division
XVIII college team.  Look to any individual's past and most times you
will see his/her future... except of course when it comes to drafting
players.

Celts 3 1/2 pt. favorites tonight.

Egg