Re: In the hunt

At 12:04 PM 1/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:
< He (Baker) has helped us hold the fort when Tony (Battie's) been injured,
and he's had some good games. So I think over and all, he's helped us with
some depth and punch at the center position. He gives us an alternative
there.'' > - Wallace

Punch?
He meant, someone who's permanently punch-drunk.
I love it - we get "an alternative" for $50M, as if Baker were Mark Blount or something. Actually, he' IS Mark Blount, but with less defense, shotblocking, and toughness. There was a time when Mark filled in pretty capably for us, as minimum wagers go, which isn't something we could say about Baker. The next thing we know, Vinnie will be giving us "a warm body for practices", so that Sundov and Wolko don't have work out against ball boys.
Kestas