Re: In the hunt

> ---------- Initial message -----------

 If Obie has demonstrated so little confidence in Kedrick
while AW was out, then it seems like Kedrick's future is
written, at least while he is with the Celts.  Same for
the non-productive Baker.

These two players are not the only examples of the
unpublicized battle-of-the-wills between Obie and
Wallace.  I do not blame Obie for not utilizing the
square pegs with which Wallace has burdened him.

****

I hope you don't mind my saying that there's a risk of
over-stating things with all this talk of vindictiveness.

In that specific game (Detroit), the Celtics were 10 down
for a lot of the half, and Obie needed a hot perimeter
shooter (Walt) more than he needed Kedrick to come in
defensively to help stop a team that couldn't hit the
broad side of a barn.

We'll see what the future holds (I'm as curious as you),
but I think this may have been a matchup issue and game
situations. It happens a lot.

I say this because, although Kedrick hasn't played
notably better since first joining the rotation back in
Texas, he actually averaged barely 16 minutes in those
first five games starting with Dallas (high of 21, low of
14).

In the five most recent games that followed, he upped
that to 24 mpg, or half the game. Boston was 4-1 in those
games too, thus Obie could have done a better job of
being vindictive. Hopefully the Detroit game was a blip,
in terms of playing time for Kedrick.

Incidentally the stats you gave show Kedrick at .500 (1-
2) on treys when in fact he was 1-7. He also has missed 3
of his last 8 freethrows. For the most part, he only
suffers from that one glaring deficiency (shot accuracy).
For the life of me, I can't get how he could be that bad.

This doesn't resemble a slump so much as poor shooting
technique. Sometimes a persons shooting form will be
completely different in games than in warmups. Somehow,
the hand in your face and motion on the court will
distract you. Because there is NO WAY this kid is making
10-15 shots in a row in warmups, with those kinds of
mechanics. He's either lying or he's shooting it
differently...maybe jumping a little less or more, maybe
following through better, maybe hesitating and jerking a
little less.

If he could shoot it, he'd be a fascinating NBA ball
player. I'm used to watching all the big jumpers since
the Jordan era, but this guy jumps like out of a cartoon.
Maybe the other guys just saved it for the offensive end,
because no one in the NBA goes up as high as fast for a
defensive rebound as this kid.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?