Re: Reality Bites

At 12:08 PM 1/25/03 -0800, bird wrote:
From :RickDHome@xxxxxxx
It may be a matter of standards.  Perhaps some are far more pleased with
mediocrity than others.
Yeah, that's it. We're "pleased with mediocrity". It couldn't be that we're now a decent team after years of mediocrity (under Pitino) or downright sucking (under ML). Perhaps it's a matter of seeing that, just as it's a matter of seeing that there *are* faults with the team.
Nope, can't have that, Bird. Either you agree that everything totally and utterly sucks or you clearly have no standards whatsoever and/or are a poor innocent completely blinded by your green glasses. In either case incapable of seeing the light <can a get a hallelujah?> None of that middle ground nonsense. COMMIT I SAY, COMMIT <say hallelujah>

And belaboring Wallace's failings is not akin to talking about Easy Ed.  It
has direct relevance to what's happening on the court today.
I think Kim's subtle point about Easy Ed was both clever and akin to this subject. Look harder, you'll see it.
No, I don't think he can, given the realist/apologist extremism and what he thought the post was about. Which is fine, as I didn't expect everyone to. I'll settle for having amused a few people in the process of blowing off some of my own frustration.

I suspect the Wallace apologists were the Pitino apologists were the M.L.
apologists....

It's a familiar tune.
Heh.  I suspect you suspect incorrectly.
Make that a double.
Not that there was anything 'Wallace apologist' in what either of us said in the first place. Which rather gets back to the point of my post and why re-reading it won't help him get it. Oh well.

Kim