Re: Reality Bites

From :RickDHome@xxxxxxx

It may be a matter of standards. Perhaps some are far more pleased with
mediocrity than others.
Yeah, that's it. We're "pleased with mediocrity". It couldn't be that we're now a decent team after years of mediocrity (under Pitino) or downright sucking (under ML). Perhaps it's a matter of seeing that, just as it's a matter of seeing that there *are* faults with the team. All you down-and-outers get off on telling every one of us who dares think that hey, maybe the C's will pull out a decent year, that they suck, can't do anything this year,. won't do anything this year, because of Obie, because of Walker, because of Pierce, and the big one, because of Chris Wallace.

Hey, guess what? It's the same old tune from back in the day. Get rid of ML, it'll all be good! Uh, get rid of Pitino, it'll all be good! Oh, get rid of Wallace, it'll all be good!

My guess is Egg was lustily cheering our Celts
during the glory years, and does so still when they're playing well. Seems
she unabashedly calls them (BDT) out for their failings as well. Seems
pretty clear sighted to me.
My guess is that Egg is about creating a spectacle in order to get noticed. As long as we're offering opinions on the subject. But hey, if you think quoting a folk song is an intelligent reply to someone on a sports list, more power to you. Seems pretty cloudy to me, though.

And belaboring Wallace's failings is not akin to talking about Easy Ed. It
has direct relevance to what's happening on the court today.
I think Kim's subtle point about Easy Ed was both clever and akin to this subject. Look harder, you'll see it.

I suspect the Wallace apologists were the Pitino apologists were the M.L.
apologists....

It's a familiar tune.
Heh. I suspect you suspect incorrectly.

I think of it like this: I simply don't get off the bandwagon, it's that simple. Sure, I get down on the team. Especially when they play badly. But I don't get off the bandwagon. My seat on the bandwagon is secure because I never remove my fat ass from it. (Like Norm from Cheers, except he went to the Hungry Heifer now and again.) Now, all the people getting off who want to get back on say, when the team makes the playoffs, or make it to the ECF, will have to sit in the back of the bus, as me and my fellow "apologists" will have taken all the prime, up-front seats.

Ah, if only there was a physical benefit to match the metaphorical one above.

But, speaking of familiar tunes, back to the usual... .

Bird