Re: Reality Bites

Bird writes:

> Wow.  News Flash: Wallace isn't a great general manger.  Again: wow.  A
> great scoop.  What a cutting edge position.

It may be a matter of standards.  Perhaps some are far more pleased with
mediocrity than others.  My guess is Egg was lustily cheering our Celts
during the glory years, and does so still when they're playing well.  Seems
she unabashedly calls them (BDT) out for their failings as well.  Seems
pretty clear sighted to me.  It doesn't bother me that she doesn't have to
push the pom poms off the keyboard before typing, but then, I do have pretty
high standards for the Cs, and mediocrity doesn't cut it with me either.

And belaboring Wallace's failings is not akin to talking about Easy Ed.  It
has direct relevance to what's happening on the court today.

I suspect the Wallace apologists were the Pitino apologists were the M.L.
apologists....

It's a familiar tune.