Antoine

My wife and I had a good laugh last night at Antoine and
his studly little wink at the tv cameras. Toine
definitely knew he was looking fine in that business suit.

And since he already looked the part, next thing you know
Toine's prowling the sidelines shouting encouragement and
instructions like he's the head coach.

It reminds me of Leo DiCaprio in "Catch me if you can":
teaching French class for the first week after he enrolls
in his new high school.

That's the thing with Toine...he was half player-coach
and half super fan last night. If a prerequisite for
stardom is loving the game, Antoine has that one covered.

He got so caught up in last night's game he couldn't sit
still for long. I won't be surprised if out of nowhere he
grabs a clipboard and draws up a play against Denver. Or
worse, gets a technical foul for running clear across the
court to debate a call.

Joe H.

In the Philly comeback, after the buzzer sounded and I
hugged my wife etc., I suddenly felt this wave of a kind
of melancholy/pity. Watching scenes all week of loyal
Eagles fans, I thought of how we'd feel if our favorite
team (the Celtics) disgraced themselves and blew a 23-
point halftime lead like that. Its devastating, because
that stuff can happen in the course of any 82-game
season, and it doesn't ALWAYS have to point to
a "character" flaw (the Sixers are sissies etc.).

I'm glad I snapped out of that one fast! The Walker
injury was announced and I realized not a soul is pitying
our Celtics when we have to play without Battie, and then
Delk, and now Walker. They just see a chance to crush our
team. Denver plans to crush us. Orlando does too.

A win is a win. And here's the thing. Injury excuses
after a loss (Grant Hill etc.) are for freaking WUSSIES.

I haven't read the Milwaukee papers, but I'm sure the
team and its reporters feel they won without any caveats
attached whatsoever (the Tim Thomas' injury helps cancel
out missing Antoine).

They beat us fair and square on the road, even though we
had red hot replacements for Antoine stepping up.

The next time we play Philly, I hope we beat them
senseless. Same with Ray Allen and co., whom I actually
hope we will meet in the playoffs. The Bucks are so soft.
We'll wail on them when it counts. If they think for a
second that that was "Celtics defense" last night, they
won't know what hit them once the real games start.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?