Re: Nice win

Doesn't Chris Herren play for the "Peking Ducks"?

I'd love to get a "Herren" Peking Ducks jersey as a
souvenir from E-Bay. Or to be the headline
writer/publicist for that team.

I lived in Beijing (Peking) for a year in '91. You could
get a Peking Duck banquet and all the Tsingtao you can
possibly drink for around 8-10 dollars back then. That
could serve three big people easily. It was the post-
Tienanmen Square recession I guess. FWIW, my impression
of China is that they love basketball. I read that more
Chinese play organized hoops by far than any country in
the world...its some kind of ridiculous number like 60
million (I don't accurately recall). I'm not assuming the
pro playing level is that high in China, but I imagine
Herren is going up against guards of a fairly high
calibre. I saw lots of street ballhandlers who were way
better and lankier than successful Boston highschool
players. And Chinese guards are ballhogs....Yao Ming
knows this very well.

<Celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com>
> Date    : Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:36:07 -0500
> Subject : [Celtics' Stuff Re: Nice win
>
>   Chris Herron just scored 60 in a game in China.  8-
3pts, 8-2pts, 20-22
> from
>   the line, 15 assists and 13 rebounds.
>
>   I have always liked his toughness.  He wouldn't be
afraid of knocking
> down
>   Kidd after a phony flop or two to show him what a
real foul is.

CeltsSteve@AOL.com wrote:

> > I read that and thought to myself "Would the C's take
him back for 30
> > games
> > and the playoff run if they could get something for
Shammond before
> > the trade
> > deadline?"
> > And to me, the only reason to sign another PG in the
first place is if
> > Shammond could be dealt in a move to improve the
team. One thing about
> > Herron
> > that I would be concerned is he always seemed at
least a step too slow
> > on D.
> >
> > 	CeltsSteve
> ****************************
> 	Slow, yes, but so is Antoine.
> 	What Herren gives up in speed, he makes up for
with HEART. I love this
> kid.
> 	He may never be a major star in the NBA, because
of that duly noted,
> lack of athleticism, but when healthy and his shot is
falling, he's a
> PLAYER, who can not only light it up, but is three
times the point
> guard/distributor, that even Bremer is, at this point.
> 	Remember the passing action and the chest bumping
between he and
> Walker, early in Herren's, Celtics career, before the
injury, when
> things were going well?  We might even rediscover the
fast break.
> 	We still have no offense; except Pierce forcing
shots into heavy
> defenses and Walker shooting threes. "When they're hot,
they're hot.
> When they're not........," we have the New Jersey
playoff series.
> 	If Delk is out for any length of time, and/or, we
can (or want to)
> move S. Williams, we would need another point guard and
there's
> precious little out there, on this side of the pond.
> 	One caveat, though, is that Chris might be very
happy, being the
> go-to-guy, in a weak Chinese league, than another role
player/ three
> point bomber, on O'Bie's; fire-away brigade. He'd come
here, because
> it's the "Bigs," but would he be happy?
> 	Fabio? Wasn't his reaction to the lack of playing
time and touches,
> his downfall in Italy, after he left the Celtics?
>
> 		JB
>
> 	Unchain My Heart !
L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?