RE: Shammond..

-----Original Message-----
From: hironaka@nomade.fr [mailto:hironaka@nomade.fr]
Sent: January 21, 2003 3:20 PM
To: GuyClinch@AOL.com
Cc: Celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Shammond..

> ---------- Initial message -----------
> Like I been saying now..what we need is another Battie..
> Not a veteran prescence like a Grant Long..or a low
post threat like a Vin
> Baker.
> Bleh. Those guys won't help the Celtics. We need a Keon
Clark...maybe  a
> Stromile Swift. Basically we need those most athletic
energetic big man
> available who will hustle and play defense.. Thats the
kind of player we
> should target in the draft too.
>
> Pete

That's right. I'm telling you now, if you like the
Battie's and Keon Clark's, than what we need is Emeka
Okafor from UConn. I'm not sure how tall he is (hopefully
6-10), but he can swat shots, rebound and hustle like
nobody's business. A wee bit skinny by NBA standards
though.

* I like Okafor alot.  Jumps through the roof and is a real battler on the
inside!!

They've got to trade Shammond. It would be a waste not
too, don't you think?

* I think we should wait until there is some certainty about Delk's health.
Obviously, this is serious enough to keep him out of action for a long
stretch, he may have to be gentle with it for quite some time.  And it's not
as if Shammond will never regain his stroke.  Look at the difference in Delk
from last year.  There were calls for him to be banished to Antarctica
because his shots didn't drop.  He regained his touch and so will Shammond.
And I don't think his defense is all that bad.  Besides, if we are gonna
deal him, it may be to our advantage to wait and see who is trying to make a
playoff run, is hit with the injury bug or wants to dump salary later in the
year.

* It has been mentioned that these guys really like each other and will do
whatever it takes to win.  Shammond has not created any waves in the reduced
role.  He has sucked it up and cheered the boys who are on the floor.  Did
Ron Mercer do the same when he was here?  Much like the point Kestas was
making about my cry for patience with Billups who was being asked to play an
entirely new position when he came to Boston, the same is true with Shammond
and Delk.

Cecil

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?