Re: Shammond..

> ---------- Initial message -----------
> Like I been saying now..what we need is another Battie..
> Not a veteran prescence like a Grant Long..or a low
post threat like a Vin
> Baker.
> Bleh. Those guys won't help the Celtics. We need a Keon
Clark...maybe  a
> Stromile Swift. Basically we need those most athletic
energetic big man
> available who will hustle and play defense.. Thats the
kind of player we
> should target in the draft too.
>
> Pete

That's right. I'm telling you now, if you like the
Battie's and Keon Clark's, than what we need is Emeka
Okafor from UConn. I'm not sure how tall he is (hopefully
6-10), but he can swat shots, rebound and hustle like
nobody's business. A wee bit skinny by NBA standards
though.

At this point, Shammond's only real trade value is his
expiring contract. That's 80-85% of the equation.

But, you never know, some GM might look at his overall
season stat sheet (pretty good) and then maybe pop in a
couple of game tapes this season where he played great
(he's probably had half a dozen 20-point type games).

The idea is to sell a GM into seeing Shammond as a true
backup point guard in the Travis Best mold. He'd fit in
on teams with rookie-age point guards, or teams with no
credible backup at all for their starter (like the Nets).

Its not that I think Shammond's a lost cause (I'm only
50% sure), but Bremer and Delk are easily the two guys
that deserve all 48 minutes. We are not going to re-sign
him anyway.

BTW, I don't think we should trade any of our rotation
guys like EW or WM ahead of the playoffs. Too risky.

When you don't have cap room for the next five years, the
only you can do is flip mid-level expiring salaries like
his to try to improve.

They've got to trade Shammond. It would be a waste not
too, don't you think?

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?