Re:Philly game

From :Tammo29@xxxxxxx

[...] That was a bad call. As was the over and back call on Shammond
Williams. Although why he would want to pick up his dribble there and give
the refs an opportunity to make that call I have no idea.
I also can't explain how a guy who was supposedly an NBA coach doesn't know
the rule as it stands in the rule book. All three points, meaning the ball
and both feet, must have been established in the front court for an over and
back. Williams straddled the line with only the ball and one foot ever being
established in the frontcourt. That was clear on the replay and Van Gundy
still said it was a good call. Makes you wonder what other rules these guys
don't have a clue about.
I don't think it was Van Gundy, but rather the "Tsar of the Telestrator", Mike Fratello. And perhaps that explains it, since Fratello has always seemed like a complete hoser to me. You're absolutely right, though, that was a terrible call, and it was made more egregious by the fact that the official was right there. I actually expected Shammond and Obie to win the argument, because, well, it was so damn obvious. They didn't, natch.

I hate listening to Marv Albert and Fratello. Their "clever" little digs at each other, the painful banter and "chemistry". Isn't at least one of them old enough to be dead already? Fratello's directly responsible for a type of basketball I truly loathe to watch, and Marv the Perv seems to delight in the Celtics' misfortune, and loves to point out all the places where he thinks Antoine Walker has taken a bad shot. Say, Marv, what're the Knicks up to? Oh, right, wait, I couldn't care less about them. Never mind.

Boy, Van Horn looked absolutely horrible. How many wide open bunnies did he
miss tonight? There's a guy that needs to have a heart transplant. This
Philly team is not the same team as last year, which is probably a good thing
since neither are we.
True, but we seem closer than they do. Van Horn is soft, soft, soft like baby's bottom. I did notice Larry Brown tried to keep him away from Antoine Walker defensively. Probably because he knows Walker eats him for breakfast, lunch and dinner, almost every time. I've literally seen Walker salivate at the sight of KVH guarding him. "Heart transplant"? I'll say.

Bird