Shammond..

> Yet he does have the 2 million cap figure, and may not be
> in Boston's summer plans anyway. Add Ruben (587k) or
> perhaps Sundov (637k) if necessary and maybe Boston can
> bring in a quality seventh man of a Rodney Rogers
> calibre: a guy who could either rebound, defend or score
> consistently off the bench.

Eh..wow..your down on Shammond..

Problem is..if you are so is everyone else. Folks always want to trade
players who are slumping..why is it people expect other teams to be so
stupid? I don't think we could get a decent player from those three
contracts. But if you could..sure good for it.

But the cap space itself has value..and so unless the player is truly a
difference maker they shouldn't make that trade.

But hey as long as we don't trade Kedrick..I will be happy.
PP thinks he is going to be a great player, but he is only scoring like 2.2
points right now. Thats a recipe for a bad trade. You want to trade guys who
have maximized their potential.

Truth is J.R. Bremer..Walker McCarty and E. Williams, Antoine Walker, even
PP..all of those guys are playing well..so those are folks you should
consider moving.. E. Will and McCarty in particular are playing just as well
as they can ever can, IMHO.
So those are guys you should zero in on trading.

But only for the long term. I don't think its wise to trade our limited
"future" for the now. Veterans like Grant Long don't add much when you
desperately need a player like Amare Stoudleimare (sp?).

Without Battie they are pretty much dead in the water. They should have
gotten the surgery on Battie earlier. Its a Nomar fiasco all over.. the
longer they wait, the longer he will be out.

Like I been saying now..what we need is another Battie..
Not a veteran prescence like a Grant Long..or a low post threat like a Vin
Baker.
Bleh. Those guys won't help the Celtics. We need a Keon Clark...maybe  a
Stromile Swift. Basically we need those most athletic energetic big man
available who will hustle and play defense.. Thats the kind of player we
should target in the draft too.

Pete