Re: Nice win

At 08:32 AM 1/18/03 -0500, Dan Forant wrote:
Right on, OB's using the bench more. Bremer looks more natural out there at
the point. This is a good win and maybe a confidence builder. Only downer,
Pierce and Walker scored 60+ pts. This won't happen on a regular basis. Are
we a better team with Baker starting???
Ya know, that's an interesting question. The knee jerk reaction is - of course not. But then you consider the fact that Baker may just be one of those guys who plays exponentially better starting than coming off the bench, while Tony seems capable of doing either (without even getting into what a role reversal might do to his chronic knee) and you have to consider the possibility...

As for the captains' points, except for the 4th quarter (and I suppose that's where you've got live with your go-to guys going), this is a game where they don't bother me because not much was forced. Walker was simply ON earlier with the 3s and got another bunch taking it to the hoop earlier in the game when that was exactly what we needed someone to do - not forced in other words. Paul had a relatively low point total as a result for the 1st half and into the 3rd quarter, and only padded things up towards the end, when he did force some shots.

Kim