Chris Wallace

Josh O. wrote:

> Really insightful and
> well-written.  I really wish there was some way to ask
> Chris Wallace about some of these points; but what can
> he really say?  The point about Kenny's current value
> is really the telling one.  I hate to say it, but I
> think that Chris may be in over his head as GM.  His
> skills seem to be primarily as a personnel guy.

Do you think that Chris Wallace really believed that the Baker trade was
in the best interests of the club?  I tend to think that he is simply
taking the heat for Paul Gaston, who gave him marching orders to cut
2002-2003 payroll to avoid the luxury tax.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of Chris Wallace, but I think the Baker deal is
all about Paul Gaston, and Wallace probably would have had to quit if he
didn't want to make the move.

Michael