Re: Kedrick's missed 3

In a message dated 1/14/2003 1:12:15 PM Central Standard Time,
Douglas342@AOL.com writes:

> A few folk have commented on Bremer's drive to the hoop late in the game
> where he passed off to Kedrick for the 3, which was bricked.  Had that shot
> gone in, it would have been huge:  a confidence-builder for Kedrick, a
> brilliant pass by Bremer,  and, IIRC, a tie score.  As it is, Bremer gets
> dissed for the pass and Kedrick gets dissed for the brick.  Tough.  When is
> it a good idea that didn't work and when is it a dumb play?

If you get a wide open shot at the free throw line, you should take it even
if you are Bruce Bowen who shoots 40% from the line. It isn't a dumb play to
pass it out to another open guy but why waste a high percentage two point
attempt (straight on) versus a lower percentage three (plus, point guards got
to know who they are passing to, who's hot and who isn't). I am no where near
upset about it because Bremer shows good court awareness during other times
during the game so I know he will figure it out. It is only his second game
for crying out loud....

DJessen33