Celts offense..and the point guard situation.

> I can't go along with this thread...things must be
> bleak indeed if people are beginning to say we "miss"
> Kenny Anderson.  Have you guys forgotten what a
> liability he was?  How many open 14-footers he missed,
> how many breaks he blew?  The guy we need on this team
> is Jaamal Tinsley.  And a coach who would use Vin
> Baker's one remaining skill to help reduce the load on
> Pierce.

Josh,

You have some weird anti-KA bias. You just have to recognize this.
Kenny would certainly help this team. He was a pure point, and he made the
team alot more fun to watch.

True Jamal Tinsley might have played as well as Kenny, but not much better.
They have a similiar game. Both are not-so-athletic pure points who don't
shoot very well.
Both can penetrate. Both Tinsley and Kenny grab alot of steals..
Heck I think both are from the New York..if I remember right.

Kenny's defense wasn't glorious...and his jumpshot wasn't fantastic..
But thats just like Tinsley..Tinsley too has been much maligned in Indiana
for his so so defense. He was benched for E. Strickland the other day!

Why do people pine for Kenny:

He ran a great pick and roll. He ran the break pretty well. He was an
excellent ball handler compared to our current guards. Kenny would control
the flow of the offense, and set some actual plays beyond isolations. Finally
the Celts were just a prettier team to watch last year. Even when the win its
just UGLY.

Other point guards could do what Kenny did and more...Gary Payton is like a
super Kenny..for example. But since we never had a shot at him..its pretty
foolish to pine for the guy.

Truthfully Tony Parker, Kenny and Tinsley are all very mediocre players by
NBA standards..but all of them would fill a need: They would run our offense
in a sensible manner.

Thing is OB doesn't want a pure point. He wants an E. Strickland type...a
strong athletic defender at the point of attack who can hit threes on
offense. And not concidently thats basically what we have on this team.

I think the current team will win though...and make the playoffs easily
enough.
We were pretty competitve on the texas trip after all. So don't expect a
changing of the guard any time soon.

Pete