RE: Shammond = Sam Vincent?

At 11:17 AM 1/14/03 -0500, Wright, Cecil wrote:
* But didn't they trim the lead AND get back into the game?  I think they
are missing the mentality to forsake the outside shot and work harder to get
the ball inside where they would have a higher percentage shot.
Which is probably as good a way to put it as anything. It's definitely a mind set issue. I know they can get beat up when they take it inside, but keep it up and that will even out and you will get better calls. Also, your point in an earlier post wishing they would follow up their shot occasionally rather than acting as if they're all a cert is equally dead on and another of my pet peeves (Probably 1 and 2 on the list of my particularly pet peeves with how slow we are to respond after a made basket by the other team. Don't take your time deciding to maybe pass it in and have the guy with the ball be the last person on either team to make it up court - shove it down their throats, to send a message and to get some easy hoops/fouls.)

  Believe it
or not, that is where EWill is at his best.
Shouldn't surprise people - before the knee problems his two biggest assets were an amazingly quick first step paired with being someone that can handle and seems to enjoy the contact you need to play inside at his size. He's still got a decent first step now and is more than willing to bang it with the best of 'em.

Kim