> You know what- this post makes little sense because the Baker
> trade is so outrageously overpowering and destructive to our
> future that it really doesn't matter whether PP and AW's
> exhaustion is physical or mental.  I only know which mine

Hmm I don't think Wallace was doing too bad..
Until the Baker trade..Now he is done for sure.

That being said..I don't know if LB is the answer. The only notable personell
move that was attributed to him was Austin Croshere. I don't want a roster
filled with unathletic stiffs with great "bastketball" sense. Thats the kind
of roster I think LB would make.

The pick ups that Wallace and Papile generally make seem pretty solid OTOH.
For example Erick Strickland is now slated to be the starting point guard
over there in Indiana.

So you really do have to spread ALOT of the blame to Gaston, IMHO.
The guy has really hamstrung the celtics for a while. That being said the
Baker
trade was foolish. A straight salary dump would have been better then that
trade.

Also Pitino had a better eye for talent then people on this list give him
credit for...
only problem was that he was too impatient. Still it was fun to have a GM
that would make some promising trades.

If Philly falls into the lottery can we get LeBron?!  Thats my dream...
Mosio = LeBron. Then Wallace would go down as the greatest GM in history.

Pete