I feel better but we still have been Gastoned

I feel better after I tore Obie a new one this morning. I rewatched the
second half of the Portland game and just looking at that, we didn't do that
bad. We made some turnovers after we took the lead that killed us. I think a
person could argue a real point guard who would get everyone in the right
place could have made the difference. After that, we had no reasonable
offense and if we didn't turn it over, we were forced to launch a three. This
happens to us over and over in crunch time. The only way to beat the zone at
crunch time is either to penetrate and kick or pass, pass, pass. Here is
where Kenny would come in handy, not that Shammond can't penetrate. He just
doesn't know what to do with it after he penetrates...

I have to laud Shammond, however, for last night's play. On this night, he
"got it" and when open, he shot it in rhythm and penetrated and pulled up.
Maybe he is one player Obie can be credited for developing...

Vin had an excellent game. They never went to him in the post but in
contributed in many other ways, the biggest was a block on RasWeed with about
4 minutes left.  Can't understand why he isn't playing more. Can't understand
why Walker isn't playing the 3 either....

For people who follow the Celtics, we know that the Celtics have been hurt in
the rebounding department ever since they have decided to play Walker at the
four. How can you expect you get rebounds if your power forward is out at the
perimeter unless you got a monster center or every one of your other players
is more manly than the opponents? Getting Grant Long isn't going to solve the
problem but don't get me started again....

I replayed in slow motion when Randolph blocked Kedricks dunk attempt.
Kedrick started going up behind the backboard so at the top of his leap, his
head was touching the bottom on the backboard and he was reaching over. If he
was coming at a different angle, I think he would be able to continue to
elevate and come with more power. It would have been spectacular, especially
at that junction. Yet, can he shoot the three? Isn't that the most important
thing?...

To finish the game, Obie goes with EWill and Walter. I like both players but
you going to be in trouble when you are trying to finish with players of
their caliber. EWill has his moments as a post up option. Walter brings
energy. But last night was the time to finish with Baker and Kedrick. Both
players have the potential to take the Cs to the next level, EWill and Walter
don't. You grit your teeth and go with them, knowing mistakes will be made
and perhaps the game lost. BUT NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT. We lost anyways.
Sorry state. On to the next game to watch EWill, Walter and Sundog eat up
valuable minutes that should be used on Kedrick and watch Obie overplay PP
and Walker until they get tendonitis or something...

One other thing. I think the thing that ticked me off so bad last night was
that we aren't a better team than last year. We are worse. Normally teams
that reach the ECFs stay together and add. We lost RR and Strickland. I still
like the Baker trade, that could have been done regardless of the RR
situation. In fact, a signing still can be done. The problem is that we got
Gastoned. That is a new word for screwing someone. Gaston screwed us. He held
the Cs in limbo to get every last dollar when we could have been signing
Rogers, Stickland or Best. Adding Baker and Shammond to RR and Stickland/Best
would have given us the depth we needed to improve and contend. Now there is
nobody left it seems. We still have the money and there is always next year.
Yet, I have nothing but contempt for what Gaston did us, the fans and the
Celtic name. Since Wallace and Obie played along, they are accessories...

DJessen33