> I know this rambling so I'm just going to quit. Really fed up with Obie.
> Portland showed us the model. Always go for the physical talent, not the
> gimmick players....

Here here..

The Celtics problems are very simple..
They are too slow and too small.. You can be small and very quick (the Bulls)
Or big and Strong (the lakers) but not slow and small.

Battie brings this to light. Everyone wanted to trade Battie in years
past...what we need are more players like Battie.

Battie might not get alot of credit league wide..but he has proven to be a
very important player for the Celts. His strength size and athleticism will
be missed.
And yes strength...i seriously think I could outbench McCarty. I hate Waltah.
Though I suppose salary wise he is a good player.

Battie hasn't been the same lately..and I think will need surgery on his
knee. We will be below .500 without him I bet. Truth is we should have signed
Keon Clark. He was out there for a while..and Gaston didnt do anything.

Also the Shammond/Delk combo is just too small. Those guys should rotate at
the point... If we need another backcourt player besides Pierce it should be
Brown or Williams.

Also..I still like Brown...
My take is that he is basically offensively incompetent. He can jump and run,
but he never developed NBA quality offensive moves as he could just use his
strength size and athleticism to score in J.C.  He should just practice
threes though..because you need to hit those to play with the Celts under OB
though.

I don't see the huge issue with his court sense though....
He didnt make any boneheaded plays..he generally plays kinda cautiously
though.
He tries to give it to Pierce or Walker and get out of the way... I suppose
you have to do that on the Celts.

Pete