Re: Donnell Harvey & leaving early for the NBA

Harvey is undersized strictly speaking, but I wonder what
it would be like to have a guy with his game face coming
in and ripping down offensive boards, like he did against
us this year. I'm glad a player like that gets named the
top high school senior. He and Zach Randolph both have a
warrior mentality that you don't see as distinctly in the
Curry's or Kwame's.

Its not like we are trading for a potential savior. He
doesn't have to start to help a team. There are
undersized power forward making a good living off the
bench (Corless, Fizer etc.), and others who make a mark
as hybrid 3/4 players ("K-Maht").

As situational a player as Fortson was for us (14 mpg
more or less), he pretty much single-handedly led Boston
to be the top rebounding team in the NBA that year.
That's quite an achievement, given the benefits of
hindsight.

I think its an energy boost to have one guy lead by
example on the boards, something Antoine isn't doing with
much ferocity at this stage.

Personally, I prefer the scenario of Sundov rather than
Shammond in a trade for Blount.

Like it or not, Shammond is Vin Baker's best friend on
the team, and it would be a double insult for Vin to lose
Shammong on top of seeing Blount immediately join Grant
Long ahead of him in Obie's rotation.

Secondly, I'm developing some doubts about Bremer even
when he shoots well.

Not that Shammond was much better lately at getting the
half-court going with 18-20 seconds left on the clock,
but at least he wasn't a risk to crash and burn under a
full court press like Bremer and Delk. I think we're
safer having three point guards to mix and match,
depending on who is playing well.

A move for Blount really should depend on what the secret
health reports on Battie look like. If Battie can eke
through to the playoffs, then we'll probably win a few
more games by choosing to do nothing before 3pm today.

To Shammond's credit, he seems to have found a second
wind.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?