Re: #1

with Chauncey
> Billups as their PG. Amazing don't you think? And to
think they only
> beat us by 52 at home...
> No doubt the playoffs will be interesting this year.
> Detroit wants to get back at the C's. The 6'uh's want
to get back at
> the C's. The Pacer should have won vs. the Nets last
year. The C's want
> to get back at the Nets. Add in the possibility of MJ
and the always
> erratic Bucks and one will find a stew ready to boil
over.
> As they say " the more things change the more they stay
the same" and
> so the C's and 6'uh's look as though they might be
headed for a first
> round matchup once again. I can't wait for all 7 games.

I'm trying to figure out how the Celtics can close out
the season 19-9 to get to 50 wins. They have around seven
games left where they will be favored to lose, certainly
the case tonight, as well as maybe 7 other losable games
(e.g. Nets at home).

Still, I think the fourth seed plus a prudent management
of player injuries will be the key to our postseason
hopes, since 50 wins might not get us to the 3rd seed
anyway. It may be as important, or more, than developing
late season championship momentum with a strong finishing
kick.

When you look at the bottom four of the East, with Philly
and the Bucks looking like the most probable first round
opponent (both went to the ECF in the past three
seasons), my view for now is that the fourth seed still
is as good a spot as any to have (including #1).

I'd almost prefer that Boston face the Answer or "Jesus
Shuttlesworth" than the unknown of Jordan-Stackhouse in
the first round...or the prospects of New Orleans if
Baron comes back the way Mashburn and Wesley have drilled
us coming around picks. Let the Nets and Detroit deal
with those initial hurdles.

The key with any of the four likely first round opponents
(or Orlando etc. I suppose) is Boston's homecourt
advantage, whether that means playing .500 ball the rest
of the way (45 wins) or moving to a next level with 49-52
wins.

The Celtics are tremendously erratic defensively from
game to game, having allowed something like 68 points in
the past two quarters. But I'd rather we get blown out by
53 points tonight and remain healthy, rather than go into
the long layoff before next week (Houston, Indy etc.)
with Battie, Walker or Pierce unable to practice.

Clearly this year's team is distinguished by its player
talent (we generally have the two best all-around players
on the court in any given night) but they have also taken
inconsistency to an entirely uncharted level, given that
they have twice broken the record already for worst
defeats in Celtics history.

If it comes together routinely (defense) for four
quarters by season's end, I truly think we can win any
seven game series against any team, apart from Sacramento
and Dallas. Historically, you can't do a whole lot to
stop two in form 20 point scorers who can each average 5+
assists over a series.

We've got a working championship system in place with
Harter, one that took a slower overall defensive and
offensive team to the Finals for Larry Bird.

I'm no less than ecstatic over Pierce's 12 assist 0
turnover game. McGrady, Garnett and Kobe may never be
able to put that type of game on their resume.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?