Brand vs Walker

I agree with you that Brand is the better player, and if picking a new
team, I'd take him not Walker.  But disagree about the fit for the
Celtics.  Antoine is the better fit for the Obrien era.

I love that Brand hit's a great percentage inside, blocks shots, and is
more mobile/coordinated, than guys like Fortson.  He's just as scary as
Amare Stoudamire.

But it's hard to replace Antoine.  His decent 3 pt percentage is fairly
equivalent to great 2 pt percentage production and that's basically the
stat where the C's dominate teams.  Like Eggcentric says, our other
stats are terrible, the Celtics keep games close because of the almighty
three.

We'd also miss some of his Bird/Magic intangibles that don't show up in
the stats.  The fire and leadership on both ends, and his
ballhandling/entry passing at crunch time is among the best in the
league.  That's partly why the C's are usually poised and execute well
in the final minutes.

It would be a fair trade but right now I'd stick with Toine for the
chemistry and intangibles.  In the future, we can go after
semi-centers(like Foyle,Rodney) for our rebounding needs.