Re: Vescey had the truth first

On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 03:35  PM, hironaka@nomade.fr wrote:

> With regard to a Denver trade, its not so much the 1st
> round pick as the loss of face to Chris Wallace, which
> ought to block this trade from happening. If CW makes
> this trade, he's basically handing the owners a very good
> reason to fire him. That doesn't seem very smart to me.
>
> 	JoeH

**********************
	Do you really think that Wallace has any shame? The fact that he's
kept a balanced demeanor and is publicly,  just looking for crumbs from
the Baker deal, at this point, is amazing unto itself.
	No, I think he just rolls along, like a .250 hitter, 1-4 with a walk
and a strikeout mixed in. If he thinks he can make a trade to better
the team, by getting Blount to back up Battie as the shot
blocker/defender that O'Brien wants, he will make the move. If he can
also wrench Donnell Harvey away from Denver in the deal, we might even
accept the loss of a #1 pick.
	I think this deal goes down in some form, as O'Brien is really
pressuring it and only the he and the doctors know  what's really wrong
with Tony Battie.

		JB

	Unchain My Heart !