Re: Vescey had the truth first

At 10:35 PM 2/19/2003 +0200, you wrote:
With regard to a Denver trade, its not so much the 1st
round pick as the loss of face to Chris Wallace, which
ought to block this trade from happening. If CW makes
this trade, he's basically handing the owners a very good
reason to fire him.
Like he needs another one.

That doesn't seem very smart to me.
You're giving him far too much credit, Joe.

p.s. I maintain that Wyc Grousbeck should only fire
Wallace if there is a clear replacement who is likely to
do better.
Dude, a freakin' random number generator would do better!

Firing him for the sake of it is just half the
equation. Assuming there's no Bird, and safely assuming
its not Jerry West either, there simply aren't that many
available names with better overall track records out
there than Chris Wallace, assuming the Celtics get into
the second or third round of the playoffs again.
There aren't ANY available names with a WORSE track record, that's for sure. I don't care who it is that would replace him - it coud be ML, Jan Volk, or Gavitt for all I care. Heck, I'd seriously consider Dan Issel, if it were between him and Issel.