From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com] On Behalf
Of James A. Hill
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 7:53 PM
To: Celtics (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Hello, old friend (and some Celtics thoughts)

I'm guessing $1.5 - $2MM per year to sign him.

The change in Walter, IMO, is him getting married.  She either insists
he comes to bed early.... instead of staying up late making music with
his buddies every night or he realizes that B-ball is where he is going
to actually make money and has refocused himself to support his family.
It amazing what becoming responsible for others does to you. <Jim

****
*************************************
Snip....
As for Walt, if I were Chris Wallace I'd consider
offering him a secure 3-year deal in the low one million
range, as this would give the Celtics additional FA
options in the summer of 2006 when the Celts already have
24 million (Baker, Battie, Delk) coming off the cap at
once, with captains Antoine Walker at 30 and Pierce 29.

Then Kestas...snip.....
He'll want more than that. It's funny that NOW he's actually earning the
contract that Pitino gave him. The $8M question is, when he gets
another, will the old Waltuh - the one who was making stupid decisions
on the court and was complete immersed in his day job, music, off the
court - reappear? I do agree that the new Waltuh has been nothing short
of amazing. I didn't know he had it in him. If I were Chris Wallace, I'd
have the Waltuh signing in bold 72-point font on my resume - even though
I suspect it was actually Obie who was the impetus behind the decision
to re-sign McCarty.