Re: Hello, old friend (and some Celtics thoughts)

I'm guessing $1.5 - $2MM per year to sign him.

The change in Walter, IMO, is him getting married.  She either insists he
comes to bed early.... instead of staying up late making music with his
buddies every night or he realizes that B-ball is where he is going to
actually make money and has refocused himself to support his family.  It
amazing what becoming responsible for others does to you.
<Jim

*************************************
Snip....
As for Walt, if I were Chris Wallace I'd consider
offering him a secure 3-year deal in the low one million
range, as this would give the Celtics additional FA
options in the summer of 2006 when the Celts already have
24 million (Baker, Battie, Delk) coming off the cap at
once, with captains Antoine Walker at 30 and Pierce 29.

Then Kestas...snip.....
He'll want more than that. It's funny that NOW he's actually earning the
contract that Pitino gave him. The $8M question is, when he gets another,
will the old Waltuh - the one who was making stupid decisions on the court
and was complete immersed in his day job, music, off the court - reappear? I
do agree that the new Waltuh has been nothing short of amazing. I didn't
know he had it in him. If I were Chris Wallace, I'd have the Waltuh signing
in bold 72-point font on my resume - even though I suspect it was actually
Obie who was the impetus behind the decision to re-sign McCarty.