How about this trade....?

I don't expect anything to happen, but on ESPN.com Marc Stein says:

Vladimir Radmanovic, not Gary Payton, is said to be the Seattle SuperSonic up for grabs, in the unlikely event you'd also be willing to take on two of the following three contracts: Calvin Booth, Jerome James and Vitaly Potapenko.

If that is true -- and I have a hard time believing it is -- how about:

Shammond (FA this year)
Eric Williams (1 year left; 5 Million)
Tony Delk (3 yr; 2.7M)
Kedrick Brown (3 yr; 1.64M)

for

Vladimir Radmanovic (3 yr, 1.5M)
(Old Friend) Vitaly Potapenko (2 yr, 5.23M)
Jerome James (2 yr, 4.5M)

Why Seattle would do this trade -- If you believe Stein, I guess they view Lewis/Mason as their forwards of the future. This trade gives them some additional cap room while getting Delk & Williams as veterans to ease the blow of losing Payton/Anderson this summer. W/ a backcourt of Kidd/Barry or Payton/Barry or Anderson/Barry or PG/Barry, Delk is a nice, not too expensive 3rd guard, Williams a 6th man whose contract expires the same time as Barry's creating a little wiggle room for Seattle next year if they miss out on Kidd this year. Oh yeah and they OWE US BIG TIME for taking Baker.

Why Boston *should* do this trade -- (1) VladRad is younger, bigger and more productive than Ewill (who I actually really like) He and Walker could start alongside each other. And of course, importantly for the BDT he shoots an remarkable 39% from 3pt (at 6' 10")! (2) Vitaly is a banger and Long won't be back next year, I wouldn't mind havin' him around for another year or 2 (3) I would love to have Jame as our backup C; He's 7-1 and in 10 less min a game than Tony Battie averages 2 less reb. and MORE blocks. With Potapenko and James we add some strength and depth to the frontcourt for our showdowns with Detroit, Indiana, Philly and, of course, Sacramento in the Playoffs.

Again, I doubt it happens, but it would make me happy

Mark