Re: Hello, old friend (and some Celtics thoughts)

was running on fumes a
> month ago and seemingly without a clue of when to pass
and when to shoot.
> Now he's making great decisions and once again is the
efficient scorer this
> inefficient team needs.

If there were a quantifiable measure with which to
calculate "Most Valuable Player", Paul Pierce might jump
near the head of the class above some GREAT players
(Kobe, Garnett).

On this West Coast trip, I would estimate that the
Celtics have been outscored by up around 50 points in the
few dozen minutes that he has sat. That might even be a
low estimate given the two 20 point leads we've blown.
When Paul's in the game, Boston basically either blows
out the opponent or puts the clutch finishing touches on
a close game.

When Walker and Pierce combine for 19 mostly bonafide
assists like last night, its amazing what the Celtics are
capable of (125 points in regulation).

On another note, I didn't find so much to fault in Walker
during his 0-9 stretch in the second half. As usual, a
couple of shots were last second heaves on the shot
clock. His inside shot attempts were mostly on target off
of assertive if "only Antoine" type dribble drives. I
guess the bad bounces made up for some stupendous rolls
in the second quarter, when he looked good to reach 20 in
the period had Obie not decided to rest his hottest
player (which he has shown a bit of a tendency to do).

When the Celtics have Walker, Pierce and Eric scoring in
the paint like that, I don't understand why Boston
habitually turns to the 3-pointers and allows teams to
creep back from big leads. They could get teams into big
foul trouble by pounding it inside, where they now have
the skills to score or get fouled 60% of the time I'd
wager.

Right now, as great as Walter McCarty has been, its
really Eric Williams who is in championship form. This
guy is basically looking like a reincarnation of Adrian
Dantley.

As for Walt, if I were Chris Wallace I'd consider
offering him a secure 3-year deal in the low one million
range, as this would give the Celtics additional FA
options in the summer of 2006 when the Celts already have
24 million (Baker, Battie, Delk) coming off the cap at
once, with captains Antoine Walker at 30 and Pierce 29.

Walt is a veteran who is nearly versatile enough to
entice other serious suitors this summer. He is a
priority signing for Boston, much more than Bremer IMHO.

Since we can't likely offer big FA bucks, we should offer
him job security in length of contract. He's been a
fantastic contributor this year, reliably under control
at almost all times, and emerging as a clutch shooter too.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?