Re: Vescey had the truth first

--- You wrote:
At one point, it seemed as if
the Celtics might swap Shammond Williams to Denver for Mark Blount and
another fringe player, but talk stalled when the Nuggets GM insisted Boston
throw in one of its two (it owns Philly's this June, lottery protected)
first-round picks.
--- end of quote ---

If this is true,  I guess the BDT is dumber than even I thought possible (I
wrote when this rumor first surfaced that even the BDT wouldn't be THAT dumb).
I guess they ARE that dumb. Only the BDT can be talked into treating an asset
(an expiring contract, such as Kenny's or Shammond's) like a liability. Not
only does the other team get something (an expiring contract, a pick) for
nothing (Blount) or a huge liability (Baker), but we pay THEM for taking the
asset off our hands. It sounds like if Denver hadn't gotten greedy in abusing
our idiot crew, asking for a 1st round pick instead of a 2nd rounder, the deal
would already done. It still may, for all we know.  This just reiterates to me
that it is truly impossible to overestimate the stupidity of the BDT. It just
boggles my mind, reading about these cretins trying pay someone to relieve us
of our assets to get something back we got rid of as useless, with a higher
salary than they were willing to pay the first time around.  I wonder, if they
waived Baker (who'd be 5th on the center depth chart with Blount aboard) and
someone was stupid enough to pick him off the waivers, would they trade Waltuh
and both 1st round picks to get him back?
Kestas