Re:Baker... from the Seattle P-I

Mark wrote:
P.S. Is this whole "heart palpitations" thing just the most ridiculous load
of crap you've ever seen? Once again, they assume we're all idiots, and once
again the PR firm proves they ARE idiots. Sure. It's all just a coincidence.
Vin was tearing wires off his body to get to the Fleet Center. Sure. Oh
well. This has played out exactly as you knew it would. Vin shows his true
colors, Vin makes up an excuse, the Celtics eventually start selling that
excuse, the PR firm buys it.

** You know, I hope your wrong, but I can't help thinking some of the same
things.
It's amazing to me how many inconsistencies there have been in the press,
from the same reporters without even an explanation of why the total about
face.
One day it's reported that the hospital denied he spent the night, then the
next day they are saying he was there strapped to a monitor.  So was the
first report wrong, or were they lied to?
One day the Celtics are saying he never had problems in the past, and the
next they are saying he did.  Why the 180?
One day O'Brien is pretty much calling him a faker and writing him off, the
next he is fearful for his life and looking forward to the day he can really
show his stuff on the court in the playoffs.
One day no one was able to get a hold of Baker, not his friends, not his
agent, not his employers.  The next day the Celtics were fully aware of
everything that was going on at all times.
I mean, it just goes on and on.  No wonder we are all confused.  The spinning
has been off the charts.
How about someone just finding out the truth, not one person's version of the
truth, and reporting it?

I thought the Boston media were supposed to be bulldogs?
They are acting more like lapdogs here.  (No offense Lapdoggy {wink})

TAM