From: Kestas [mailto:kkv@dartmouth.edu]
Sent: February 09, 2003 8:24 PM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: All-star madness

At 10:13 PM 2/8/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>Hopefully he wasn't looking forward to Antione winning the 3point shoot
>out. It was funny hearing Magic and Ainge say the Twan wasn't a shooter
>but a scorer. Then what the heck was he doing in the 3point contest?

It was a ploy to get him to stop taking so many threes by letting him fall
flat on his face in the contest :)
Seriously, though, not to draw too stong a conclusion from this, but you
saw the difference between a true 3-point shooter, like Peja or Person, and
a guy who likes to jack them up despite his obvious lack of skill for it.
And please don't tell me that he's a good shooter compared to Tony Battie
or the average fan - I know that.  Three-point shooting should be a
judiciously applied weapon in Toine's arsenal with his current skill level,
not the drug of abuse it has become. He's simply not good enough to be
shooting the 3 at this rate. But we all know that nothing will change while
Obie is the coach, because he has no power to stop it, and Toine is unable
to stop on his own. So this gambling addiction will continue.
Kestas