Re: All-star madness

< Hopefully he wasn't looking forward to Antione winning the 3point
shoot out. It was funny hearing Magic and Ainge say the Twan wasn't
a shooter but a scorer. Then what the heck was he doing in the
3point contest? > - Lappy

Because AW leads the league in three point attempts so therefore
he MUST BE a great three point shooter?

Thankfully I missed seeing said distressing extravaganza but
understand that Toine finished with only seven points out of a
possible thirty, drawing boos from the fans after hoisting a
few airballs.

Walker leads the league with 356 three point attempts. Second is
Jason Terry with 285 attempts.  Our team's unorthodox offense is
still being tailored to suit the versatile Walker. This jack of all trades
master of none continues to alternately represent the best and the
worst of the present Celtics.  Something is very wrong with the
composition of any team when their shooting guard out rebounds
their PF and out assists their surrogate PG.

In retrospect, the worst thing that might have happened to us
(aside from the Baker's dozen Wallace moves) is to have advanced
to the Eastern Division finals last season.  Because minds like bodies
will often fall into a pimpled, ill-conditioned state from mere excess
of comfort.  I wonder if Wycky et al presently consider that the
Celts are still worth the $$$$$$$ they overpaid.

I am hardly a homer - ye gads, an understatement equal to Joe
H's  "I feel that Chris Wallace needed to be more diligent in researching
this
(Baker) trade ",  but still fully appreciate reading contributions
made by good guy loyalists such as Joe H. and Snoopy.  They
are well thought-out, interesting, and never mean-spirited.
But to Les Miserables - hello Jessen and Bird - who smugly
feel their expertise in all things Bball and unwavering loyalty to
our team sets them apart in purity and superiority to those
they choose to label moaner groaner coyotes, you sure do turn
ungracious in a comical sense when the going gets tough. You
might be a lot less grouchy if you were to just forget about
protecting ass for past erroneous positions, and just get real.
Remember that Coyotes don't actually howl, they bay and bark.
But they are very loving, open-minded, forgiving types (she said
blushing) who will at the drop of a game-winning bucket, fully
forgive you for being so wrong for so long.

We are basically a .500 team... 17-17 since coming off our soft
November schedule with a 10-5 record.  Who cannot feel that
Baker, Brown, and SWill have been busts?  We began this season
of our discontent with these three projected to be players 6-8 in
our rotation,  Yet they continue to disappoint their coaches,
teammates, and fans.  If our reverse Robin Hood (give minutes
to the rich and steal from the poor) had his way he would now
play each of them zero minutes.

I am close ... very close ... to signing on as a deck swabber on
Capt.  Lapdoggybs DRAFT FLEET.  Of course that will allow me
less time to post my precious thoughts on this list but what
in this valley of tears isn't a swap off?

Make the arrangements now for a burial at Poets'  Corner in
Westminster Abbey.

Egg

 "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age
of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief,
it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was
the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter
of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us,
we were all going direct to heaven, we were all doing direct the
other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period,
that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received,
for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only. "

        - Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities