Re: All-star madness

At 10:13 PM 2/8/2003 -0800, you wrote:

Hopefully he wasn't looking forward to Antione winning the 3point shoot out. It was funny hearing Magic and Ainge say the Twan wasn't a shooter but a scorer. Then what the heck was he doing in the 3point contest?
It was a ploy to get him to stop taking so many threes by letting him fall flat on his face in the contest :)
Seriously, though, not to draw too stong a conclusion from this, but you saw the difference between a true 3-point shooter, like Peja or Person, and a guy who likes to jack them up despite his obvious lack of skill for it. And please don't tell me that he's a good shooter compared to Tony Battie or the average fan - I know that. Three-point shooting should be a judiciously applied weapon in Toine's arsenal with his current skill level, not the drug of abuse it has become. He's simply not good enough to be shooting the 3 at this rate. But we all know that nothing will change while Obie is the coach, because he has no power to stop it, and Toine is unable to stop on his own. So this gambling addiction will continue.
Kestas