Hey..

> Defensive stopper EWill guarded Mash all night and he still got 30 points.
> like EWill and think there is a place and time for him on the team but he
> is
> not a defensive stopper with a lack of quickness and hops. I would have
> went
> with Kedrick for both defense and the boards like the Hornets did with
> Lynch....

Yes....
If one notices..the recent slide..conicides with Walker's return and Kedrick
and McCarty getting few minutes.

 One thing to note about Walker's injury..in addition to suffereing
defensively...he is also rebounding poorly. That and a crippled Battie is
causing a great deal of trouble. With Walker in our front line we are slow
and unathletic right now. Battie should have gotten the surgery.

I am consistently amazed out how much OB will sacrifice for the short term. I
wouldn't be surpised if Battie's career is over after this season and Walker
costs us 6 - 10 wins while he "recovers"

3 rebounds in 46 minutes for our power forward in unacceptable. Kedrick or
McCarty would get that in 15 minutes. Heck Grant Long could probably get that
many in 10.

Privately - I imagine that the players who lost minutes to Walker are quite
upset..
and they should be. Walker overstimated his talent and game back far too
soon. He is hurting the team a great deal.

Both Walter and Kedrick contribute to this teams defensive identity..
While OB likes both Shammond and Delk..they do not help this teams defense,
especially when they play off guard.

OB complains about the defense..and then plays our better defense players 4
and five minutes respectively. That's messed up.

> I go back to saying we need a real point guard. We are going to have to find
>
> a way to better utilize Baker since he isn't going anywheres with his
> contract. So, what do you think about Jason Williams? He has a reasonable
> salary rate but it is long, long term

Problem is Walker wouldn't put up with a "real point guard'

Before Kenny and Walker used to argue...on occasion you would notice that
Kenny simply would not let the ball flow through Walker. Walker might have a
high basketball I.Q. but he is almost cursed with his ability to make
incredibly difficult shots.. He consistently shoots a poor percentage when
its clear he could stay within himself and shoot much better.

If you want a real point guard..you going to have to get rid of Walker IMHO..

Also I don't think its that impossible to trade Baker..

You could trade him for say Alonzo Mourning or Damon Stoudamaire. I

There are a couple of other really awful contracts out there..that you might
be able to move Baker for. You might have to throw in Kedrick and/or a pick
though. What was amazing is that he was moved for a expiring contract of a
contributing player. Wallace will get fired for this.

Pete