Pitinoesque?

One way to judge how good a deal Ainge got in the
Ricky trade is to look at in in comparison to what
Memphis had to pay for Bonzi Wells: a still-decent
veteran player in Person (who averaged 11 ppg last
year and shoots better than 40% on treys), plus a
first-round pick that, despite the Grizzlies'
improvement, is still likely to be in the lottery.
When I saw that I thought, "No way Boston could have
topped that." Well, we didn't have to. For three guys
with a marginal future in Boston, Ainge got a player
who's two inches taller than Wells, three years
younger, shoots a higher percentage, is an equally
skilled defender and posts better scoring, rebounding,
assit averages in comparable minutes. And he also got
a promising young 7-footer who can rebound and block
shots.

Look again at the list from that Insider article:
"Antoine Walker, Tony Delk, Eric Williams, Tony Battie
and Kedrick Brown [plus Bremer and Sundov, in exchange
for] Ricky Davis, Raef LaFrentz, Jiri Welsch, Chris
Mihm, [Jumaine Jones], Chris Mills, Michael Stewart, a
2004 first-round pick and a 2004 second-round pick." I
would respectfully suggest that the Celtics dumped one
All-Star (albeit a flawed one) and a bunch of rather
marginal guys who would not be on any team's A-list,
and gotten two very good players, two promising
prospects and two picks. Pitino is his wildest dreams
couldn't boast of that.