A few thoughts before tonight's game...

I'm still reading November's posts, but should reach this month by
tomorrow.  It's hard sitting on my paws and not responding to discussions
that are probably long forgotten by everyone else.

I sincerely hope someone gives Ricky Davis instructions on whose basket he
should be shooting at tonight.

Three things you don't want in close contact: Jim O'Brien, a hockey stick,
and Danny Ainge.

I suspect that short notice to Obie this time might have been payback from
Danny about the Walker trade.  Still, you really should give your Head
Coach some warning before trading away three players on game day.

Had to agree with Bill Walton's musing on the questionable reasoning behind
trading Antoine away because of chemistry issues and then taking on
Davis.  Not a bad insight from someone still on a long, strange trip.

I saw a comment on ESPN.com about the easiest jobs in basketball, and one
of the hands-down luckiest deals in NBA history.

"Even easier, of course, is the arrangement enjoyed by Ozzie and Dan Silna.
They're the brothers who have collected some $100 million in TV severance
payments as part of the settlement stemming from the ABA-NBA merger in
1976. When the Silnas' <http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=>St.
Louis Spirits were not absorbed by the NBA in the merger, they were
guaranteed one-seventh of future TV revenues from the then-owners of the
<http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=dv>Denver Nuggets,
<http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=ind>Indiana Pacers, New York
Nets and <http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=sas>San Antonio
Spurs. IN PERPETUITY. Those two words are now famous in basketball lore."

When you consider the pittance the League got from TV at that time, it was
a small price to pay.  Then along comes Larry and Magic, making people
demand live broadcasts of NBA games.  Now, the Pacers are playoff
contenders, the Nuggets actually win games, and the Spurs are the defending
NBA champs.

I'm thinking Danny Ainge might have helped negotiate that deal for the

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle