Re: initial thoughts

In a message dated 12/15/03 2:27:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Kestutis.Kveraga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> 5. Yogi. Remember Pitino's love affair with Yogi, and how the fans were
> salivating over the possibility of getting him? Now it's 4 years later, he got
> his big contract and was never heard from again. I'm not sure if he's a pure
> throw-in for salary dumping reasons, or if Ainge expects to revive him yet. -
> Kestas

Or possibly turn around and try to package him along with one of the 1st
rounders before the deadline. Think about it: Blount, Baker, Mihm, Perkins, and
LaFrentz with Hunter waiting in the weeds. Who needs Yogi?  His salary is
manageable and he's only got one year left after this season. Now if Ainge could
only swing a deal with the Knicks to wrestle unhappy/disgruntled Kurt Thomas away
from them :-)

Or could Blount now be expendable?

At least the logjam at the "3" is no more. JJ will get regular minutes behind
Pierce assuming Davis starts at the "2". Jiri can play either of the
backcourt positions as well as the "3" in a pinch. Perkins now stays on the active
roster absent an injury.
CeltsSteve

``Time, practice, patience, attitude, unselfishness'' - Jim O'Brien