initial thoughts

I have mixed feelings about this trade:

1. I'm sad to see EWill and Battie go. Other than doing some time in Denver,
they were career Celtics. EWill especially epitomizes the team spirit and all
those good things. I can't believe this was done with Obie's approval.

2. As for Niednagel's favorite subject Kedrick (:>), I guess that tells us what
they felt his prospects were. I'm curious whether Ainge will bother to say how
much he hated to give up Kedrick, or drop any pretenses. This officially puts
closure on the ill-fated 2001 draft.

3.  Ricky Davis is the pocket version of 'Sheed, although he plays much more
selfishly than the infamous defender of the exploited masses. If Obie can fix
his head, I'll proclaim him the greatest ever at managing player personalities.
What a Christmas present for Obie from Danny...First Toine, than Williams for,
of all people, Ricky Davis. Is Ainge trying to drive Obie insane and/or get him
to resign?

4. I really like Chris Mihm. He's become a helluva player. At this point, he's
better than Battie, especially given the latter's health problems. I think he's
still progressing as a player and is younger, too.

5. Yogi. Remember Pitino's love affair with Yogi, and how the fans were
salivating over the possibility of getting him? Now it's 4 years later, he got
his big contract and was never heard from again. I'm not sure if he's a pure
throw-in for salary dumping reasons, or if Ainge expects to revive him yet.

Kestas