Mark Stein Comments On The Trade: He Likes, He Really Does

John (Tallahassee, FL): Let's get right to it. Who's the big winner in
the celtics trade? I say it's the Cavs, simply because now LeBron can
show off what he can do.

Marc Stein: (4:32 PM ET ) For the first time in a while, I can
honestly say I like this one from both sides.

Ainge made a bold move to upgrade his talent base significantly, which
had to happen if the Celts are to remain among the East's elite. I've
been on Ricky all season, true, but that's because I like watching him
play. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and dare to
suggest that he can handle being a second fiddle to Paul Pierce better
than he can handle playing in LeBron's shadow.

For the Cavs, Ricky simply had to go. Paul Silas didn't know night to
night which Ricky he'd be getting and Eric Williams is the sort of
rugged veteran Cleveland is looking for to put around LeBron. The Cavs
would have preferred doing Ricky for Williams straight up, but Boston
wants more size, which is why the Celts wanted Mihm and Yogi. Cavs got
a little extra on their end by getting Kedrick Brown instead of Walter
McCarty.