From: Mark Piotrowski [mailto:markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: December 15, 2003 2:29 PM
To: Celtics
Subject: re: Back on the Bandwagon

I for one never left.  Heck if I didn't jump off during the Brett Szabo

era I'm here for good ;-)

joshr wrote:
> Jiri is the real deal. He has the rare ability to throw those
> jaw-dropping
> how-the-hell-did-that-happen passes, and it's contagious.

It strikes me that Jiri has the chance to be to this year's Celts what
Jason Williams was to the Kings in 1998-99.  Sacramento plays
beautiful, passing, cutting basketball and the arrival of Jason
Williams -- whose flair for passing (among other things) -- is
generally credited with developing their style.  Of course they had the

players to do it with -- Webber and Divac are two of the best passing
big men in the game -- but  I think JWill provided the spark.

It certainly appears that Jiri is doing that now for us -- and i
couldn't be happier as I wait for "Snake-Grip Round 1"!

Marc Stein agrees by calling out Jiri (and PP) while awarding the C's
the "Team of the Week"
(
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?
columnist=stein_marc&id=1686626 )