re: Back on the Bandwagon

I for one never left. Heck if I didn't jump off during the Brett Szabo era I'm here for good ;-)

joshr wrote:
Jiri is the real deal. He has the rare ability to throw those jaw-dropping
how-the-hell-did-that-happen passes, and it's contagious.

It strikes me that Jiri has the chance to be to this year's Celts what Jason Williams was to the Kings in 1998-99. Sacramento plays beautiful, passing, cutting basketball and the arrival of Jason Williams -- whose flair for passing (among other things) -- is generally credited with developing their style. Of course they had the players to do it with -- Webber and Divac are two of the best passing big men in the game -- but I think JWill provided the spark.

It certainly appears that Jiri is doing that now for us -- and i couldn't be happier as I wait for "Snake-Grip Round 1"!

Marc Stein agrees by calling out Jiri (and PP) while awarding the C's the "Team of the Week"
( http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story? columnist=stein_marc&id=1686626 )

- (the other) Mark