Re: Salvos coming from Walker - calls Ainge a snake

Eggcentric@xxxxxxx wrote:

YES, if I wished to... but I do not. Big deal - I am a senior-citizen hanging on as a minimum wagee contributor to a reasonably major sports column ... albeit with little background in Bball as my brealb editorial field remains politics with all its built-in cynicism.

It seems your relationship to the alleged source has evolved (again!). Before it was someone's someone's someone's someone baby-, dog-, or house-sitting for one of the owners, then a relative who's a sportswriter at one of the major dailies, now it seems the source of all this information is...you. QED.

As is, the defensive Mr. Wyc has been on my case in private emails concerning my divulging too much negative stuff on this list and elsewhere. His shell is way too thin for the high level of financial burdens he has taken on, but I certainly have no intentions of entertaining a law suit by venturing into specifics in such a public forum. So it appears that I have been hoisted by my own petard and that my only way out is silence. Damn!

Egg, don't quit on me now, after all we've been through. I'm no lawyer and I may be way off here, but it seems to me that a libel lawsuit against an elusive jester on a private mailing list is rather unlikely. In fact, it sounds like a flimsy excuse to not back up your claims. But if I'm wrong, you still have nothing to lose if what you've been writing is true - you're not being libelous, and you could countersue for defamation of character, likely allowing you to make a little coin to supplement your minimum-wage income.

Kestas