Re: Boykins

On Monday, December 8, 2003, at 11:35  AM, JB wrote:

My gang?" I guess you've got some anger piled up, I'm sorry for that.

Let's not over analyze this. It's really quite simple.

I certainly won't defend any poster, on any board, who used that type
of language against you and I am quite sure I never have spoken that
way myself.

Check the records. It wasn't you, but I think you know who it was. I'm
not angry, I just don't like to be told I'm an asshole b/c I have a
different viewpoint.

> I'm also sorry that you take any criticism of Pierce so personally.

Again, I don't take it personally. I have an opinion. That's what these
forums are for, correct? (it's when people resort to name calling is
what I would consider taking it personal)
My opinion differs from the ones that think that Pierce sucks as a
player. I think he is a great player who has a whole lot of baggage to
carry.  He sure is doing a better job of it than Tmac or Vince Carter.
There's a couple of All Stars for ya.
Again, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but Pierce was left
holding the bag when Twan was traded. It was up to him to lead this
group of guys. To make fun of the guy b/c he reading books on "how to
be a leader" is cheap. How old is Pierce? 25 or 26 maybe? I'm sure the
guys poking fun of him did a lot worse than that when they were his age.
Pierce surely didn't go to Danny and request Twan be traded. ( though
it is now widely known that twan did go to Cuban and beg for a trade to
Dallas) So Twan gets traded and Pierce has a whole new team to start
over with. Sure there's been some poor play and tough losses, but why
crucify this guy given that situation? Actually if half the people who
continually bash Pierce would look at what this team has accomplished
they might be surprised. They are not getting blown out by anyone. They
are in fact showing flashes of great team ball which has lead to some
huge leads. So is it Pierce's fault that the team lets other teams back
into games? I personally don't think so. I give the coach more credit
for not knowing how to coach with a lead. Maybe Twan would still be
around if he'd kept his fat mouth shut during preseason. It was obvious
he had to go after letting Danny know through the press that nothing
was going to change as long as Twan was in town. He's is so lucky he
ended up in Dallas and not in Clipperland.