Re: Boykins

In a message dated 12/7/03 8:18:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sgiovanello@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Is it me or does Denver play much better with Boykins on the floor?  I only
> caught the 4th quarter as I got back late from the Pats, but Denver seemed
> to have something going with Boykins in there.

Boykins certainly pushes the ball upcourt; much more than Andre Miller. I
thought O'Brien wisely countered Boykins' quickness by putting Banks on the floor
for a good portion of the time that Boykins was in the game.

How about Jiri's breakout game? If he can shoot like that on a regular basis,
O'Brien has to keep him on the floor. He's so heady and fundamentally sound.
And as Dec. 16th draws nearer, JJ's or Kedrick's days might be numbered.

And the Jazz are hanging tough against the Lakers as I type this -- up 1 with
just under a minute to play -- and will have to travel tonight back to SLC.
I'd love to see them go OT and prevail. O'Brien rested Baker and LaFrentz  for
much of the 2nd half instead going small again with EWill and McCarty to play
alongside of Blount so both VB and RL should have something left for tomorrow
against Utah, another high elevation city.

CeltsSteve