Celtics News For The Day

Crawl back to your sewers, nothing is occurring.

Just kidding!

Some sad news: Walter McCarty will be in Newport Sunday, singing up a
storm,
melting microphones, and causing permanent hearing loss. McCarty will
also
be a presenter at the Boston Music Awards, Spetember 4th, where he will
be
giving out the "Everyone Here Sounds Better Than I Do" award.

Some sadder news: The mother of Eric Williams' 8-year-old son,
Eric Williams Jr. was gunned down in New Jersey last week.
Killed alongside Rayshon Holmes (she was Williams high school
sweetheart) was the daughter of controversial NJ poet Amiri Baraka.

On a more happy note: Hoopsworld has something on a Walker for Wallace
trade.
Since I don't subscribe, I don't know, if it's just mere speculation.
Likely.
But a Walker and Battie deal for Wallace would do wonders for the
Celtics salary cap.
Then toss in an Eric Williams exit and you're looking at a $21 million
windfall after the
season. Do a Baker buyout, and close to $30 million freed up.

On an even more happier note: It looks like when 28 arrives, Paul Pierce
will be
the only Max. Contract on the Celtics. Both Baker and Walker will have
to be elsewhere.
Perhaps Walker could go in a sign and trade.

When 28 does arrive, it may bring abut the biggest change in the
Celtics,
that we've seen in a long time. Good enough to make them competitive
with the Western Elite?  Hmmm, I think Ainge will have to
make some associated moves on the magnitude of Dallas - Golden State to
insure that.
Ray